Sunday 31 August 2008

What a difference a week makes!

I've just got back from a 90 mile ride and I have to say I feel really good, which is saying something since its been raining ALL day. Knees feel fine, and although I took it really easy I still got back in 8:15 which is brilliant (well, for me anyway).

Didn't do the Audax today, the new gears didn't arrive in time so I arranged another route with less hills. I suspect my knees are probably just not used to doing 70+ miles really fast, if I take it easy and don't try and storm up hills then I might even enjoy doing this Scotland ride.

I think I'll do a couple more rides this week, leaving plenty of time to recover completely before the first leg in Scotland. I'll hopefully get all my stuff fitted tomorrow night (if it all arrives) then a couple of rides to check out the new gears and I'll be ready!

No comments: