Thursday 4 September 2008

The bike's finally ready!

Another night of DIY on the bike last night and I think its finally ready. The new gears arrived on Tuesday and with lots of help from Barry (cheers mate!) they went on without a problem. However Barry couldn't help himself and in the process decided to strip the rear axle and fit new bearings and grease. He also tweaked my front forks which had some play in them, and pointed out my tires were only at 40psi rather than the recommended 100+!

Last night I finally took the panniers off (less weight!), fitted some (poor) night lights, a map holder, new brake pads... I think it might be finally ready.

Taking it out for a steady 30 miles tonight just to make sure the gears are absolutely spot on, then tomorrow I'll be packing up ready for the drive up to Tom's Saturday morning.

No comments: