Tuesday 9 September 2008

Tuesday 9th September

Thought I'd post this myself since we have internet access here in Fort William. What a day! Really getting tiring now, I've got a semi limp already and getting in a out of Tom's car is a real effort! The route today was very scenic but very hilly - the road out of Inverary started with a 7+ mile hill which took me about 50 minutes to negotiate! That pretty much set the pace for the whole day and it was a pretty arduous 72 miles getting here. The weather didn't help much, for the second day in a row I'm drying my gear on the heated towel rail in the bathroom!

Its awesome getting to the accommodation early each night, certainly the way forward. Yesterday in Inverary we arrived at 2:50 and today at 3:30, gives us plenty of time to chillax and prepare for the next day, and I'm getting a decent 9+ hours sleep each night which is just fantastic!

I'm sooooooo glad I bought a couple of medicinal gels with me. One's a cool gel which saves me having to find ice every day, and the other is a Neurofen gel which I can apply exactly where I need to (my knees). Its an anti inflammatory as well and so far its really keeping everything in check. What it CAN'T do though is give me new thighs which I could definitely do with right now, particularly as we've got 100 miles to cover tomorrow past Inverness and onto Tain. I'm aiming to set off at 7:30 ish tomorrow and all being well I should be arriving in Tain around 6pm.

Past half way now, definitely feeling positive today.

No comments: