Friday 5 September 2008

The calm before the storm...

Well this'll be my last update, we're heading up to Scotland in the morning and hopefully by better half Sophie and my dear mother will be taking over blog editing duties on my behalf.

Took the bike out for a quick spin last night to give it the once over after all the maintenance and it's running beautifully. It's super smooth and the new gears are an absolute joy to use. The new tyre pressure will take a little getting used to as the bike now jarrs over every single imperfection on the road, but they should offer a little less resistance than they did at 40psi.

Just got off the phone to Tom who's buying up half the stock of his local Tesco, I don't think we'll go hungry on this trip! Tonight I'll be mostly packing (groan) and ticking off my ridiculously long list of essentials I absolutely musn't forget, ready for the trip up to Gretna in the morning.

I fear the weather may not be on our side on this trip. Its absolutely peeing it down at the moment and the weather forecast doesn't inspire me. What's more, I can't seem to find my waterproof jacket and I only have 1 pair of (non waterproof) cycling trousers. Well, the ride wouldn't be as much fun if I had every eventuality covered would it!

The actual 'ride' will start proper on Sunday going on for 5 days until Thursday. I'm already looking forward to Friday.

See you guys soon, over and out.

No comments: