Sunday 17 August 2008

Introduction

Hi and welcome to my blog on my LEJOG attempt. My first attempt was last year, when Mike and I set off from Land's End in a bid to reach John O'Groats in 10 days. That turned out to be massively optimistic and our trip came to an abrupt end due to injury a few miles into Scotland on the 6th day (read all about that trip here).

I've decided to attempt to finish the route this year and will be cycling Scotland, from Gretna to John O'Groats in 5 days, starting Sept 7th. That's some 430 miles, and I will cover between 70 and 100 miles each day.

I will be cycling alone but luckily I'll be supported by Tom who'll be with me every step of the way, carrying all my kit and plenty of food and drink! Top man!

For the last few months I've been slowly increasing my training and I now have 3 weeks before we set off for the Scottish border.

Thank you for taking an interest in my LEJOG attempt, this blog will be updated throughout my trip so please do check back here regularly.

No comments: