Monday 25 August 2008

Update Mon 25/08/08

Done 100 miles this weekend, 30 on Saturday and 70 on Sunday. All went well and on Sunday I felt I could have quite happily done another 20 miles. However, it seems my ITBS has come back. Its basically pain on the outside of my left knee. Haven't felt it at all this year, but doing 100 miles in 2 days I really noticed it. Its not too bad at the moment, but I need to try and fix the problem before I get to Scotland.

I'm particularly concerned because this is what stopped play for Mike and I last year. I've been doing special stretches which has probably helped but obviously not cleared it up altogether. After reading up on several forums I've opted to move my seat down and forward a few mm, we'll see if that makes it better.

To give myself the best chance of recovery I'm also going to skip some of my training this week. I've planned to do a 150Km Audax over the peaks on Sun 31st so I need to be in good shape for that and not nursing an injury.

No comments: