Tuesday 26 August 2008

More new kit!

Following my weekend's riding I've decided something needs to be done about my gears to give myself the best possible chance of doing this. After some research I've found my rear cassette is a 12-23 which apparently is very long, so I've invested in a 13-28 which should basically give me 2 or 3 LOWER gears with which to battle the hills! I was going to grin and bear it but its clearly not doing my knees any good so I decided to take the plunge. If all goes well I'll be able to get them fitted for this Sunday's 150km Audax.

I've also bought a 2L saddle bag, which should give me enough room to carry essentials and I can take my panniers off to save a little extra weight. Also bought various medical supplies to help me in case the going gets tough. Training this week should be Wednesday and Friday, and the new kit should be going on Saturday for Sunday's ride.

No comments: