Wednesday 20 August 2008

Weird night

Did my usual 30 mile route last night. As I was leaving my estate I remember thinking "something doesn't look right here" , then as I went a bit further I realised... I'd forgotten my helmet and cycling glasses!

Can't stop, no time, I'll just be careful. Other than 2 foiled suicide attempts by pedestrians crossing the road without looking, the ride went rather well. All the hills I was going up at least a gear higher than usual and I finished the route in a shade over 2 hours, my best yet.

However on the last hill I realised my handlebars had moved... every time I moved from the top to the drops the bar turned a few inches! Then as I got home I went to pick the bike up and the rear wheel fell off, no idea how long I'd been riding without it being properly attached but clearly a bad sign.

So onto Wiggle again to order a new bike stem to keep my handlebars in place, and tighten up the back wheel good and proper. No more surprises please.

Also, it got dark about 8:45 last night. Not good for training, Thursday I'm doing my first 42 mile route after work...

No comments: